Q: How should we believe in the Gospel?
A:It is to believe that Gospel is one of the Books of Allah revealed to His Prophet ‘Isa (Jesus) (peace be upon him) to explain some facts, invite people to worship Allah, abrogate some of the secondary rulings of Torah as dictated by circumstances and bring the glad tidings of the appearance of the seal of the Prophets.
Q: How do the prominent scholars see the Gospel that exists nowadays in the hands of people?
A: Prominent scholars are of the opinion that the Gospel that exists nowadays in the hands of people has four versions compiled by four people. Some of them did not see the Christ (peace be upon him). They are Matta (Matthew), Murqus (Mark), Looka (Luke) and Uyhana (John). Each Gospel of them contradicts with the others in many aspects. In fact, Christians had many other Gospels other than these four. However, after ‘Isa (peace be upon him) was raised to heaven with more than two hundred years, they decided to get rid of them except these four in order to put an end to such contradictions and avoid great opposition and conflict.
Q: How should we believe in the Qur'an?
A: It is to believe that Qur'an is the noblest Book that Allah revealed to the noblest of His Prophets; Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). It is the last of the divine books. It abrogates all other books sent before. Its rulings will remain until the Day of Resurrection. It is protected from change and alternation. It is the strongest evidence on the prophethood of our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), for it is the greatest miracle ever.
Q: What does make the Noble Quran the greatest miracle?
A: The Noble Quran is considered the greatest miracle for the following reasons:
- It is an everlasting logical miracle.
- We always observe that the effect of all other miracles ends when those eras end.
- As for the miraculous nature of Quran, it reaches the peak of eloquence and rhetoric language which is beyond the ability of humans. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) challenged the Arabs who were acknowledged masters of the art of oratory and rhetoric. They are the most eloquent nation and highly skilled in their language. In his era, they reached the highest level of rhetoric and discernment in speech to the extent that they embarrassed and surprised minds. Qur'an lived among them for twenty-three years. It went on challenging them seriously and confronting their rebuking and criticizing in the best way. Sometimes, it asks them to produce merely a chapter that might be compared with it and to seek whomever of their aids from humans and Jinn. Some other times, it describes them with inability to do so and incapacity to produce something that might be compared with it while they were so proud and full of fanaticism. In spite of that, they could not face the challenge. Therefore, they renounced the idea of confronting it with words and turned to the idea with sword. Actually, if the Arabs of that time were unable to face its challenge, then all other people will surely be even more unable to face it. For over more than 1300 years no eloquent person except he has accepted or been submitted to such fact so as to prove that it is not the speech of humans but rather it is the speech of the creator of powers and decrees.
- Allah revealed it to support the truthfulness and credibility of His Messenger (peace ad blessings be upon him). This reason alone is really enough to prove its miraculous nature.
However, there are many aspects to be added to the above including:
- It's narrations about the unknown and unseen matters which were then proved as it has been reported.
- Listening to it can never get one bored no matter how much it does repeat.
- The knowledge it comprises which was not existed at the times of both Arab and non-Arabs.
- Its narrations about the state of the past incidents and previous nations.
- It was revealed to someone who was illiterate who can neither read nor write. Actually, he does not need such things for the revelation (Qur'an) is enough for them and that will make the miraculous nature of it is even more accepted.
Q: What are the indispensable characteristics of the Prophets (peace be upon them)?
A: There are four attributes which are necessary for the Prophets (peace be upon them) to have:
- Truthfulness (As-Sidq): this means that Prophets never tell lies and their words are always truthful and in conformity with the reality.
- Trustworthiness [Al-Amana]: means that their inward and outward actions are above sins which may displease Allah Who has chosen them from among His creation.
- Conveying the message of Allah [At-Tabligh]: it means to convey what Allah has revealed to them in the best way and not to hide anything of what they were entrusted to declare to people.
- Insight [Al-Fatana]: it means that Prophets possess the greatest degrees of discern and intellect among all humans.
Q: What are the attributes which are impossible for the Prophets (peace be upon them) to have?
A: There are four attributes which are impossible for the Prophets (peace be upon them) to have:
- Concealing the message,
It is also impossible for them to be characterized with any attribute that the people deem a shortcoming in character even if it is not a sin such as mean occupation or lineage. They are also cannot be attributed with what can contradict the wisdom of sending them such as deafness and dumbness.
Q: How did Adam eat from the [forbidden] tree when disobedience is impossible to the Prophets (peace be upon them)?
A: Actually, Adam (peace be upon him) ate from the forbidden tree out of forgetfulness. Allah The Almighty Says:
And We had already taken a promise from Adam before, but he forgot; and We found not in him determination[Ta-Ha:115]. The forgetful is not a sinful and will not be held accountable. As for ascribing disobedience to him in verse in which Allah The Almighty says:
And Adam disobeyed his Lord and erred. Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him][Ta-Ha: 121-122]. That is because of the violation he committed due to forgetfulness that resulted from the absence of the perfect observance of the limits of Allah The Almighty. It is a well-established fact that violation that occur due to forgetfulness is not considered in the side of people disobedience; however, it is deemed disobedience in the side of Adam (peace be upon him) due to his great status and noble rank. The tiny error is always considered great from the person of great position. As for the rebuking of Allah The Almighty to Adam by getting him down to earth, the acknowledgement of Adam (peace be upon him) of his sins and his persistence in seeking forgiveness, all of such things are to raise his rank even higher, and increase his reward even greater. This can be applied to all the sins and misdeeds that can be attributed to all other Prophets (peace be upon them). That is to say they are sins because of their great status and misdeeds due to their perfect worship and that they are not like the sins and misdeeds of other people. That is because they do them either by the way of wrong interpretation, by forgetfulness or done unintentionally. As for acknowledging them (sins) and seeking forgiveness from Allah The Almighty, it is to increase their knowledge with their Lord, make them fear Him most, increase their reward, draw them nearer to Him, and raise their degree and rank even higher.
Q: What are the permissible things for the Prophets (peace be upon them)?
A: Since being humans, Prophets experience all carnal desires including eating, drinking, hunger, thirst, hotness, coldness, exhaustion, comfort, illness and health. Also, it is permissible for them to engage in [lawful] trade or in any occupation, providing it is not mean.
Q: What is the wisdom behind inflicting diseases and pains on the Prophets (peace be upon them)?
A: Although they are the best of creation and free from all defects, Allah inflicts Prophets with pains and diseases to double their rewards, demonstrate their perfect steadfastness and patience in obeying Allah The Almighty, make them role models for people to follow when calamities and hardships afflict them and make people know that life is an abode of test and trials, not an abode of honor and dignity. It is also to make people realise their human nature if they witness the magnificent miracles appear on their hands and know that they were created by the Will of Allah The Almighty only and to indicate that they are, in spite of their great status and positions, nothing but slaves for Allah The Almighty and unable to bring benefit or ward off harm.
Q: Could you give us a brief account on what we should believe in the side of the Prophets (peace be upon them)?
A: It is to believe that the Prophets (peace be upon them) are characterized by every good attribute and free from anything bad regarding their appearance, actions, and sayings.It is possible for them to experience all what happens to humans on condition that it does not cause any defect or fault in their noble status. Allah The Almighty has chosen them from among the whole creation and sent to inform people with His commands and rulings. They do not differ in the matter of religion for it is a basis for the belief which does not accept plurality and change in any way. They only may differ in some of the rulings of religion for they are just a branch of religion and because that they (such rulings) are related to actions that should be differed according to the different nations and different times, places, conditions and circumstances.