II) Sin and Forgiveness in Islam:
1.The Lexicographic Interpretation of Sin and Forgiveness:
Sin can be defined in Islam as follows:
- Breaking of the law of God on purpose or the state or condition resulting from this act.
- Wrong doing of any kind; immoral act.
- A violation of any Islamic rule or standard, as
of taste or propriety.
Forgiveness can be defined in Islam as follows:
- To give up the wish to punish or get even with an enemy or offender.
- Not have hard feelings at or towards others.
- To give up all claims for damage inflicted on
you by others.
According to Islam, to err or commit a sin is human, to forgive is divine.