Means that bring Allah's love
- Profound reading of the Qur'an, understanding its meanings and injunctions.
- Observing voluntary prayers to get closer to Allah.
- Remembering Allah constantly [dhikr] by tongue, heart, deeds and in all cases and conditions.
- Preferring the love of Allah over any other love.
- Understanding Allah's Names and Attributes.
- Pondering over His benevolence, visible and invisible blessings.
- The heart's surrender in humiliation before Allah.
- Seclusion [khulwa] at the last third of night to supplicate Allah, reciting His words [Qur'an], standing in submission before Him while holding fast to the good manners of worship and finally seeking Allah's forgiveness [Istighfar].
- Accompanying righteous sincere people to benefit from their righteousness, knowing that a still tongue keeps a wise head. 10- Forsaking all kinds of sins that may separate the heart from loving Allah the Almighty.
O Allah! I ask You for Your love and the love of those who love You, and for the love of every action which will bring me closer to Your love.
And peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, His family and Companions.
See Madarig al-Salikeen 3/18-19.