Comment faire la prière (5/5)
51. One puts his right palm on his right thigh and knee and the end of his right elbow on his thigh. Also, he spreads his left palm on his left thigh and left knee.
52. He clenches the fingers of his right hand and some times puts his thumb on his middle finger and on other times moves the thumb and the middle finger in a circle.
53. One directs the index finger towards al-qiblah, looks at it and sometimes moves it while reciting all the Shahada.
54. There are many forms of Shahada, such as: “at-tahiyyatu lil lahi was-salawatu wat-taiyibatu. Assalamu ‘Alaika aiyuha-n-Nabiyu warahmatu- l-lahi wa-barakatuhu. _ Assalamu alaina wa-’ala ‘ibadi-l-lahi as-salihin.. Ashhadu an la ilaha illa-l-lah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan `Abdu hu wa Rasuluh. [All the compliments are for Allah and all the prayers and all the good things (are for Allah). Peace be upon you, O Prophet,and Allah’s mercy and blessings (are on you). And peace be on us and on the good (pious) worshipers of Allah. I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Mohammad is His slave and Apostle]”.
55. Then, one prays on prophet Mohammad - PBUH- and this has many forms, such as: “Alahumma salli ‘ala Muhammad wa ‘ala ali Muhammad, kama sallaita ‘ala Ibrahima wa barik ‘ala Muhammad kama barakta ‘ala ali Ibrahim fil- ’alamin, innaka hamidun majid [O Allah, send salah upon Mohammad and upon the family of Mohammad, as You sent salah upon the family of Ibrahim, and send blessings upon Mohammad and upon the family of Mohammad as You sent blessings upon the family of Ibrahim among the nations. You are indeed Worthy of praise, Full of glory]”.
56. Then one says Takbeer, sometimes raises his hands, and stands for the third rakah then the fourth one and repeats as previously mentioned.
57. One sits for the last Shahada and repeats what he has done in the first Shahada.
58. It is of sunnah to sit in the last Shahada of every prayer that has two Shahadas depending on his hip by putting the left hip on the floor and let his feet out from one side, puts his left foot under the right foot and sets the right foot in a standing position.
59. Hold with the left hand the knee which you sit on.
60. Then say Shahada and pray on prophet Mohammad – PBUH- as previously mentioned, then pray for yourself as mentioned or whatever you want of the goodness of this world and the hereafter.
61. Reciting tasleem by turning your head to the right until the white of your right cheek can be seen from the back, then to the left in the same way and say:
62. “Peace be upon you” on the right and left and one can add “blessings”. Hence, one can do one tasleem towards his face by turning a little into the right.