14. The Bible says that Jesus is subordinate to God
1 Corinthians 11:3 “Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.”
1 Corinthians 15:28 “When he has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.”
Since Jesus was subordinate to God, he was not God.
15. Bible says that Jesus grew in wisdom & learning, but God is All Wise & does not (need to) learn
Jesus grew in wisdom, but God is all wise:
Psalms 147:5 “Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.”
Luke 2:52: “And Jesus increased in wisdom.”
God does not need to learn, but Jesus learned.
Heb. 5:8 “Although he was a son, he learned obedience…”
16. Bible says that Jesus had limited knowledge, but god’s knowledge is infinite
Mark 13:32 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the Father.”
Since Jesus, may the blessing and mercy of God be upon him, did not know, he was not all-knowing, and therefore, he cannot be the God whose knowledge is all-encompassing.
17. Bible says that Jesus was tempted, but God cannot be tempted
Heb. 4:15 “tempted in every way—just as we are”
James 1:13 “for God cannot be tempted by evil”
Since God can not be tempted, but Jesus was, therefore, Jesus was not God.
18. Bible says that Jesus’ teachings were from God, NOT Jesus himself
John 7:16 “So Jesus answered them and said, "My teaching is not mine, but His who sent me.”
Jesus could not have said this if he were God because the doctrine would have been his.
19. Bible says that Jesus died, but God cannot die
The Bible teaches that Jesus died. God cannot die. Romans 1:23 and other verses say that God is immortal. Immortal means, “not subject to death.” This term applies only to God.
20. Bible says that Jesus lived because of God
John 6:57 “I live because of the Father.”
Jesus cannot be God because he depended on God for his own existence.
21. Bible says that Jesus’ powers were given to him
Matt 28:18 “All power is given unto me.”
God is all-powerful, no one gives God His powers, otherwise He would not be God because He would be weak. Therefore, Jesus could not be God.
22. Bible says that Jesus was taught & commanded by God
John 8:28 “As my Father hath taught me, I speak these things,”
John 12:49 “The Father, who sent me, he gave me a commandment.”
John 15:10 “I have kept my Father’s commandments.”
No one can teach God, otherwise God cannot be All-Knowing and would owe His teacher. Since Jesus was taught and commanded by God, Jesus cannot be God himself. The teacher and the student, the commander and the commanded are not one.
23. Bible says that God made Jesus “Lord”
Acts 2:36 “God has made this Jesus... both Lord and Christ.”
“Lord” is used in many ways in the Bible, and others beside God and Jesus are called “Lord.” For example:
1) Property owners (Matt. 20:8)
2) Heads of households (Mk 13:35)
3) Slave owners (Matt. 10:24)
4) Husbands (1 Pet. 3:6)
5) A son called his father Lord (Matt. 21:30)
6) The Roman Emperor was called Lord (Acts 25:26)
7) Roman authorities were called Lord (Matt. 27:63)
“Lord” is not the same as “God.” “Lord” (the Greek word is kurios) is a masculine title of respect and nobility used many times in the Bible. If Jesus were God, then for the Bible to say he was “made” Lord would make no sense.
24. Bible says that Jesus was lower than angels
Hebrews 2:9 “But we do see him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus.”
God, the Creator of angels, can not be lower than His own creation, but Jesus was. Therefore, Jesus was not God.
25. Bible says that Jesus called the Father “my God”
Matt. 27:46 “My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?”
John 20:17 “I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.”
Rev. 3:12 “… the temple of my God… the name of my God… the city of my God… comes down out of heaven from my God.”
Jesus did not think of himself as God, instead Jesus’ God is the same as ours.
26. Bible says that God cannot be seen, but Jesus was
John 1:18 “no man has seen God at any time.”