Methodology of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaab
"Rather I only call Allah, only without partners, and appeal to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah..."
Methodology of Muhammad Ibn Abdul Wahaab:
First, all the perfect praise belongs to Allah - the so-called sect of Sufis, or any Faqiih [jurist], or any philosopher, or any magnet - imams to whom I have high esteem, as Ibn Al - Qayyim and Adh - Dhahabii e Ibn Kazir.
More but I only call Allah, only without partners, and appeal to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (Salla Allahu alayhi wa salam), of those who advised - the ancestors before the later among his Ummah to follow.
I hope never to reject the truth when I arrive, and not ask Allah nothing more than give testimony, y los angels, and all creatures, so when one word of truth cometh unto me, I will accept giving a welcome and without conditions.
And I'm going to throw against the wall, everything that is opposed to the truth of the statements of my imams-except the Messenger of Allaah (Salla Allahu alayhi wa salam wa), because it does not say anything else but the truth... ".
Shaykh at Al - Imam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab (rahimahullaah)
Source:Rasail Shakhsiyah [personal letters] PG. 252
1. A clarification that the Imam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab (rahimahullaah) never came to any sect or new group, but, first and foremost, never came with a new creed.
2. An explicit declaration that shows the difference between glorifying an imam and the restriction to call them [and their opinions] only.
3. Our call is the call to Tawhid and the pure Sunnah.
4. Reiterating the Declaration of the imam: "When I find that my opinion contradicts the Sunnah, threw me against the wall."
5. The truth is not going to end, no matter who opposes it.
6. If this is the call of the Imam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab (rahimahullaah), then it is above all of those who are lower than him, not to call the blind partisanship or then call their own opinions.
7. Only blindly follow an Imam: the Messenger of Allaah (Salla Allaahu Alaihi wa salam).
8. The truth is what is confirmed by the sacred texts.
And Allaah knows best.