Name of Allah Al-Zeez -The Almighty, The All-Strong, The All-Dominant
Praise be to Allah, and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allah, his family and companions.
Almighty Allah says
"The Almighty, The Compeller, The Superior
He is The Most Superior, The One with Superiority, The Lord of Power and Honor, The Almighty, The Capable of Retribution, He honors whom He wills.
* Almighty Allah tells us about Himself in the Quran: "(The Almighty, The All-Wise), (The Almighty, The All-Knowing), (The Almighty, The All-Merciful), (The Almighty, The Superb Forgiver), (The Almighty, The Oft-Forgiving), (The Almighty, The Grantor), (The Almighty, The Compeller), (Exalted in Might and Perfect in Ability), (Powerful and Exalted in Might), (Exalted in Might and Owner of Retribution)."
Meanings and Denotations of Allah's Name Al-Azeez:
1- He is the Almighty, The Predominant, The Omnipotent, The Subduer, nobody can oppose Him, Glorified is He.
- He vanquishes and subdues whomever tries to oppose Him.
* No one can face Him, nothing can stop what He wills, no one can oppose His decree or adjust it.
2- He is the Almighty who supports His religion and gives it victory, He also supports His obedient servants and give them victory over their enemies.
3- He honors His obedient servants by making them worshippers of Him alone, i.e. being sincere in worshipping Allah alone.
- He honors His obedient servants by His Might, guiding them to follow His religion. By His might, He prevents any humiliation against believers, protecting them against polytheism and worshipping anyone or anything other than Him. Associating partners with Allah in worship is the absolute humiliation and disgrace to anyone, while submission and humbleness to the Lord is the absolute pride, honor and dignity.
* He is The Almighty, and all His creation are humble to Him, He gives dignity and honor to those who obey Him, based on His honor they are superior to those who disobey Allah, and to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers.
Almighty Allah says
But indeed, honor belongs to Allah entirely.
Almighty Allah says
And to Allah belongs [all] honor, and to His Messenger, and to the believers
4- He is The Almighty who Has complete Power and Dominance, and He does not need any supporter, advisor or helper.
5- He is The Almighty who is The Ever-Affluent, part of his might is victory over His enemies.
6- Part of His might is His Uniqueness,
in the Quran it says
Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent
7- Part of His might is that the essence of His attributes cannot be comprehended, because there is nothing like Him among His creation.
8- He is The Almighty, but He is also The All-Merciful, The All-Just, He never oppresses.
Allah's Name Al-Azeez includes several meanings:
(1) Oneness of Allah: There is nothing like Him, He Has no match, to Him belongs the highest attribute, humans cannot realize His Essence, and He does not need any partners.
(2) Sublimity: superiority and loftiness, He does not care about the torment of those who turn away from Him.
(3) Might: His commands, rulings, promises, warnings, Divine Decree (Qadaa') and Predestination (Qadar) have to be executed, they have to take place without any doubt.
(4) Power (Force): He is not to be defeated, anyone that seeks His support shall not be wronged.
(5) Victory: He honors His obedient servants, blesses them with victory and inflicts retribution on His enemies who are also the enemies of His servants.
- 1-The servant has to be humble for Allah's might.
- 2-He should ask for honor only from The Almighty.
- 3-The believer should be proud with his enemies and kind with his brothers in Islam.
- 4-He should work hard to dignify and honor his brothers and end any degradation against them.
- 5-The true honor lies in obeying Allah and abandoning any kind of disobedience, the servant has to feel dignity and honor in obeying the Lord, and never falls into the humiliation of worshipping other than Him.